The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role you must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the role you should also have:
- A four year college degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum five years of sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment; or SaaS sales/account management experience.
- Strong exposure to technology and software; SaaS software preferred.
- The ability to implement and create nurture campaigns that promote automation in upsells.
- Experience managing at least $5M of annual revenues.
- A record of achievement in an Account Manager position.
- PC proficiency and experience utilizing a CRM system (Salesforce.com preferred).
- Excellent speaking and communication abilities that can demonstrate an ability to lead from the front.
- A proactive spirit and “go-getter” approach.
- The ability to create and implement account management solutions and an overall strategy for this function.
You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 30 percent of the time to visit clients and attend meetings.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP of Sales, as the Senior Account Manager, you will be charged with managing the relationships of the QLess customer base. You will directly manage the top 20 customer while managing/leading the other Client Success staff who are responsible for all other customers.
Your top three priorities will be to:
- Manage the top 20 accounts and drive growth through upsells and expansions
- Help the Jr. Account manager oversee the remainder of accounts in our customer base
- Work with Director of Sales Operations to implement technology to make it easier to communicate with the customers and implement and design nurture campaigns
- Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location.
- Selling additional customer locations - expansion.
- Upselling accounts to other features and functionality.
- Selling the firm’s complete offering of products and services.
- Leading all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management.
- Developing customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
- Proactively manages customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Managing assigned customers’ transition from the launch team.
- Achieve assigned sales quota (10% to 30% organic revenue growth from current customers).
- Meet assigned expectations for profitability.
- Continue with QLess’ annual customer retention rate of 98.5% or better.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Why QLessFreedom and autonomy: Your manager (pictured at right) firmly believes in a hands-off management approach, and you’ll enjoy the leeway to do what you do best--manage relationships and penetrate our account base! That’s not to say that you’ll be on an island. In fact, we take pride in promoting a collaborative culture where our team members simply need to raise a hand to ask for the resources and support needed for success.
Unique value proposition: We’ve helped DMVs get 5-star Yelp reviews--those kinds of results speak for themselves. A lot of companies claim to be competitors of QLess, but they really don't offer the end-to-end package that we do. Our technology makes everything easier to:
- Eliminate long lines and significantly reduce complaints
- Efficiently schedule and manage appointments
- Boost staff productivity and morale
- Improve customer service flow and increase satisfaction
Career development: We expect this role to evolve over time and we're looking for someone who is eager to take on more responsibility down the line. Take ownership of this vertical and prove yourself, and you could help grow this team and add more direct reports over time.
Great environment: You'll find a high-energy, entrepreneurial culture at QLess, and we'll look to you to maintain and build on it. The culture has played a strong role in our growth by encouraging and motivating a customer focus. We also value work/life balance (see below).
Stellar Vacation Policy: Our policy is simple--take time when you need it. Yep, that’s it. No questions asked and it’s safe to say that our employees LOVE this unique benefit!
Excellent compensation package: In addition to a generous base salary and bonus structure, we also offer a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Pictured at right: Charlie Meyer, Vice President of Sales.
Pictured at left: Some of our ecstatic clients.
Keys to SuccessIn addition to your account management experience, to excel in this role you will need to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong trust-based relationships with your top 20 accounts. We’re looking for a “hunter” who can “farm” within the account base to drive sales and discover opportunities for upsells and expansions.
This is a collaborative role, and in addition to working directly with clients, you will enlist the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed. You’ll also work closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
We work with some pretty cool customers--Walmart, Kaiser, Vodafone, and several large DMVs all use our mobile wait management solutions. To find success here, you’ll need to be professional, polished and able to navigate the organizational complexities of some of our larger clientele.
About UsOur Mission
Eliminate waiting in line.
QLess is headquartered in Los Angeles, and was founded in February, 2007. Our team members hail from leading universities and Internet companies including Caltech, MIT, Oxford, Cornell, and Yahoo.
QLess delivers the world's best customer experience to our customers' customers first experience at any of their locations with a mobile wait management, analytics, mobile CRM and marketing platform. It's the world's first mobile queuing platform, trusted by leading brands and establishments in six continents and tens of millions of people.
QLess replaces physical lines and waiting rooms with virtual, mobile lines.
- Your customers can enter the line from their cell phones, touch screen kiosks, or the Web. Or, your employees can add them to the line from QLess Queue Manager.
- Your customers can roam freely while they wait.
- QLess sends them an SMS or calls shortly before their turn arrives.